When most people think of the auto brand Dodge, they think of an all-American line of vehicles built right here in the U.S.A. When the Dodge brothers Horace and John started the company in the early 1900s, they originally focused on making auto parts. But then in 1914, they decided to expand into making their own vehicles from bumper-to-bumper. The rest is history as these cars, trucks, and SUVs continue selling well now in Winston-Salem, 106 years later. Of course, as trustworthy as the automaker is at crafting reliable vehicles, sometimes you need Dodge repairs service.
What are the most common Dodge repair needs? Below, we look at some of the most frequently occurring issues with these vehicles. We also examine how your trusted auto mechanic in Winston-Salem, NC fixes them.
Most Popular Dodge Vehicles
To list all of the Dodge repairs on all of the automaker’s vehicles would require writing a hefty book. This is true for any major car brand. So we will just look at a sampling of some of the most commonly owned Dodge cars here in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and their biggest issues.
The most popular Dodge vehicles throughout the U.S. today include:
Minivan Grand Caravan
Mid-size crossover Journey
Full-size sedan Charger
Large coupe with muscle car design Challenger
Common Dodge Repair Needs
On the above five vehicles, below are the most common Dodge repair needs:
- Automatic transmission shuddering and shifting harshness issues
- Power window motor and switch failure
- Underbody coolant leaks from rear heat/AC
- Key fails to start the vehicle or gets stuck in ignition
- Rattling or clunking noise in the front suspension
- Intermittent remote keyless entry failure
- Dampness in the vehicle from a water leak
- Engine overheating due to debris in the cylinder head coolant port
- Brake vibration caused by warped brake rotors
- Whining noise from the power steering pump
- Broken exhaust manifold bolts causing ticking noise in cold engine
- Check engine light turning on from water passing through the cowl screen
- Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) fault code caused by clogged EGR tube
- Camshaft position sensor failure on the 4.7L V8 engine, causing starting problems or stalling
- Bacterial growth in the evaporator causing a musty odor
- Shuddering or rough shifting requiring PCM/TCM software update
- Window motor or regulator failure, causing power windows to not work
- Interior lighting and feature electrical problems
- Check engine light because of engine thermostat closing failure
- Steering column squeaking during turning
- Harsh 4th gear to 3rd gear downshifting
- Honking, hissing or groaning from the steering column at low speed
- MyGig radio problems after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery
- EVAP system canister control valve or other issue causes pump nozzle shutoff during fueling
- Brake rotor or drum assembly retainers causing vibration during freeway speeds
Dodge Repairs You Need, When You Need Them
Certainly, not all Dodge vehicles experience these problems. But if you own one of these cars, trucks or SUVs and notice any of the above issues, you can rest easy knowing you are not alone. For the majority of these problems, the necessary Dodge repairs are known and inexpensive. Repairs do not always cost a lot of time or money.
The key to getting the efficient and cost-effective Dodge repairs you need is taking your vehicle to experienced auto technicians. In Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Cloverdale Auto Service strives to be the best at auto maintenance and repair. To fix your vehicle’s issues, we start with diagnostic service. We also check Dodge’s documentation for recall, factory service bulletin and parts replacement information. When we find the problem, we discuss it with you before jumping into repair.
At Cloverdale Auto Service, we maintain strong relationships with our customers. We do this by ensuring we meet your Dodge repair needs. We also provide a full array of routine maintenance services, to keep your vehicle running its best.
Lastly, Schedule your Dodge repair or maintenance at Cloverdale Auto Service by calling 336-331-3448 today.